Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Newest Obsession - Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter

For all you Nutella lovers out there (myself included), this is for you.  James and I have discovered a new, less sugar laden and quite frankly, better option.  Justin's nut butters has created a chocolate hazelnut butter and there really aren't words to describe it... it's that good.  Think of a less sweet, nuttier version of Nutella where the chocolate flavor balances with the hazelnut rather than overpowering it.  The texture is a bit thicker than what I had initially expected but a little goes a very long way.


This morning, I used the nut butter to put together a better alternative to a classic, calorie laden favorite - the breakfast pastry.  I'm an avid lover of the baked good.  Danishes, muffin, tarts - you name it.  This morning, i managed to come up with a fantastic 225 calorie swap that actually as 3 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber per serving.  Compared to your average 500+ calories and 30+ grams of sugar that come with your standard breakfast treat, I think my alternative is a pretty satisfying trade off.

Take 1/2 of a Joseph's Flaxseed Lavosh and cover 1/3 with 1 tablespoon of low fat cream cheese, 1/3 with 1 tablespoon of sugar free cherry jam and 1/3 with 1 tablespoon of Justin's hazelnut butter.  Roll up the lavosh and toast on a medium setting in your toaster over for 2 minutes to warm.  It's a delicious, satisfying way to curb that morning sweets craving for less than 15 grams of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment