Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cheesecake for Breakfast?

So about a month ago, my very dear friend Christie shared a photo on Facebook of a Greek yogurt, creme brûlée-syle concoction she had for breakfast while visiting San Francisco.  Needless to say, I was intrigued.  After a lengthy conversation about texture, flavor profile and potential ingredients, I embarked on a quest to recreate this delightful sounding breakfast treat.  With a little bit of trial and error and possibly leaning a bit more towards the cheesecake realm rather than creme brûlée, I think I may have found a winner.  Christie, you'll have to give it a try and let me know how I did!

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Cups (makes 4 servings)

1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons Splenda brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
cinnamon to garnish

- Dissolve brown sugar in the orange juice
- In a food processor or blender, combine Greek yogurt, cream cheese, honey, brown sugar mixture and orange zest and pulse until well incorporated
- Spoon into serving ramekins or glasses and garnish with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon




No comments:

Post a Comment