Friday, July 15, 2011

Foodie Heaven

So today I would love to add another member to my 'fabulous food finds of Boston club'. I've been shopping here since I moved back to New England in 2008 and I've lovingly dubbed the establishment “foodie heaven.” A. Russo & Sons Inc. is a retail and wholesale supplier based in Watertown, MA. Normally, I would get excited about a store having a great selection, impeccable quality or fantastic prices... this one had all three. 

 
Vegetables really do take center stage at Russo's. Their produce selection is unrivaled in the greater New England area with things I've never heard of and have no idea what to do with. I've spent hours walking through the aisles with my Food Lover's Companion Guide trying to decipher exotic and rare fruits and vegetables and what in the world I could do with them. I've almost made a game out of buying one new thing each time I go just to force me to learn new cooking techniques. I've never not found what I was looking for, no matter how obscure or out of the ordinary, which always makes this shopping trip worth the drive.

I've also never purchased a bad piece of produce. Everything they sell is at the peak of freshness and of the highest quality I've seen available at retail and all for incredibly reasonable prices. On my last trip, I filled 4 standard shopping bags for under $35.

Once you've navigated your way through the endless array of produce, they also have a great selection of locally produced dairy and eggs, imported antipasto items, charcuterie and artisan cheeses. Top that off with a incredible on-premise bakery and a huge garden shop to create the ultimate foodie paradise. If you live in the greater Boston area, this is more than worth the drive



No comments:

Post a Comment