Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hidden Gems of the Grey Lady - part 5

So this will be my final installment of Hidden Gems of the Grey Lady.  I've saved my favorite find for last however and I'm really excited to share this with you all.  Ambrosia Chocolate & Spices located on Centre Street is this amazing shop that I happened across during one of my afternoon walks around the town center.


When you walk in the shop, you're greeted by an immensely friendly staff behind a glass display case of handcrafted, artisan chocolates.  The selection of chocolates rotates through a variety of of spices and florals that give the chocolate an incredible amount of flavor without overpowering the delicacy of it.  On my visit, I was able to try white chocolate truffles with jasmine, milk chocolate with rose and dark chocolate with angelica root.  The chocolate was silky in texture with a creamy finish and each truffle was portioned to be a perfect little treat.

The back wall of the shop is covered by a gorgeous wooden cabinet filled with locally grown, organic spices.  There's an unbelievable variety ranging from crafted blends to your basic staples and more exotic selections.  My purchases for the day included a jar of their "Garden Blend" (their variation of a classic Italian spice blend with a great fennel aroma), some beet powder and a bag of whole mace.



They don't have a website at the moment, but you can find them on facebook and they do ship their products.  Definitely worth checking out if you're on the island...

No comments:

Post a Comment