Monday, September 17, 2012

The Most Amazing Feta I've Ever Eaten

So, I don't eat feta cheese very often.  Don't get me wrong, I like a good Greek salad, it's just not James' favorite so when selecting cheeses, I tend to gravitate toward options that appeal to us both.  He was out of town last week so during my grocery shopping, I haphazardly tossed a tub of Feta crumbles into my basket.  This undoubtedly turned out to be a moment of "cheese nirvana"because this little container turned out to be the smoothest, creamiest, richest feta that I've ever tasted.  At this point, I turned to the label to learn who had crafted this delectable treat - Pineland Farms of New Gloucester, Maine (it's locally produced to boot!).  I consider myself to be somewhat of a cheese connoisseur - I read periodicals on the subject for fun - and to find a product that I enjoyed so much, particularly going in with minimal expectations was a truly fantastic treat.  Unfortunately, I'm guessing it's not the most readily available product but if you do stumble across it, definitely give it a try.  There website also lists vendors (including Duck Fat in Portland! - blog on the incredible french fries and milkshake coming soon) so check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment