Cauliflower "Fried Rice"
1 head of cauliflower
2 cups broccoli slaw
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 small white onion
1/2 cup crushed pineapple (well drained)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Chopped scallion (to garnish)
- Clean your cauliflower and break the head in quarters.
- In a food processor, pulse (in segments) until it resembles a rice-like consistency. Make sure not to over process it or you'll end up with a paste.
- Pulse the broccoli slaw, onion and bell pepper to a similar, but slightly larger consistency.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat your coconut oil until it liquifies.
- Sauté the vegetables for about three minutes or until the cauliflower begins to turn a light golden color.
- Add the pineapple.
- Add the liquid aminos and nutritional yeast and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days.
|This is the consistency you're aiming for|
Remember to become a blog follower to be eligible for February's giveaway! Just click the "Join this Site" button in the top right corner of the page.