Thursday, February 21, 2013

Drink Your Greens!

Having spent this past week in Boca Raton, Florida, I  have absolutely fallen in love with the Juiceateria.  James is participating in a consumer products conference, which means we have literally had grocery bags of processed food dropped off to our room on a daily basis.  [On our drive up to Orlando today, we're dropping most of it off at a food pantry - I hate to waste things, even if I don't want to eat them.] Despite a few highlights (thank you General Mills for the Lara Bars), I've tried to avoid the pile of snacks to the best of my ability.

Not wanting to spend $30 on a sandwich at the pool bar or resort restaurants every day (no, I'm no exaggerating), I decided to take daily walks off the property and explore the area.  On my first walk, I was lucky enough to find the Juiceateria.  In an unassuming strip mall of nail salons and restaurants on Mizner Boulevard, the cafe provides fresh pressed juices and smoothies, along with other delightful vegan creations including 'Cheesy' Vegetable Noodles and Chia Seed Granola Parfaits.

Their signature juice, the Immune Builder, is a delicious blend of parsley, spinach, kale, cucumber, celery, apple and lemon that packs sweet and tangy notes with green nutrition.  Yes, it dose have a vegetal quality (which I personally love) but the apple really does a great job making it more approachable for those who may not be looking for a liquid salad.

James' personal favorite drink of the week as the Bella Berry Banana - mixed berries, banana, nut milk and vanilla.  Less green, but still a massive improvement from the world of Campbell's Soup and Lean Cuisine he was immersed in.


Honestly, I can't say enough good things about them.  The service was prompt and friendly on each of my visits, the cafe was spotless and all of my juices were pressed right in front of me.  Now, if only we had one in Hudson, New Hampshire...





No comments:

Post a Comment