Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Morning Motivation

I have always been one of those people who likes to use Monday's as a reset button.  If I'm starting a new fitness program, eating plan or project, Monday's have always been a good jumping off point in my mind.  You get a new chance every week so if something doesn't go as planned, it's not like you're looking at something with the magnitude of a New Year's Resolution.

While I'm not kickstarting anything big this Monday, I did need a healthy dose of motivation to get my week off on the right foot.  Friday and Saturday were a bit rough, food-wise, and I'm taking today as an opportunity to put it behind me and get back on track.  Lunch packed, meal prep for the week done and no room for excuses.  Boom.

My goals for the week... focus as much as I can on work, as my industry looses some momentum going into the holiday season and I need some good momentum going in, get my butt back on the primal bandwagon and find a balance that lets me keep momentum in my workouts while still recovering.  Back to that stupid rest thing... I really need to work on that.

What's motivating you this week?  Try to kick it off with some positive goals to help avoid that classic case of "The Mondays."

No comments:

Post a Comment