Monday, October 7, 2013

Am I Eating Enough? - Day 8

So along with the Whole 30, I've been continuing to track my daily food intake and exercise in My Fitness Pal.  I know that counting calories isn't a key component on the Whole 30 plan, but it's a tool I've been using for over a year now with some success.  I like holding myself accountable and seeing what types of choices I'm making.  One of the biggest observations I can infer after the past week, I'm eating a lot of food, but no where near the calories I was eating before starting the program.  When you replace gluten-y carbs and added sugars with green vegetables and fruits, you maintain fullness without adding extra calories.  I've actually been struggling to meet my calorie goals so I can stay on top of my workouts.

I am however completely obsessed with the pumpkin almond butter I made yesterday.  If I would have made it pre-Whole 30, I would have added a sweetener without even thinking twice about it.  Not only does it not need one, I think it may be better without it.  If you haven't tried making it yet, get on that.  You won't be sorry.

I'm also a hug fan of Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea.  I know it's a bit early to be thinking of sleigh rides, but it's never a bad time for a vanilla infused herbal tea.  It's also caffeine free and makes a great evening treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment