Wednesday, October 2, 2013

This Isn't So Bad - Day 2

So far, I don't have a lot of complaints about the Whole 30.  Yes, it's been an adjustment, but all in all, it doesn't seem so bad.  I knew from day one that my biggest challenge was going to be giving up dairy and so far, I'm not missing it that severely (I anticipate that getting worse the deeper in I get).

I have noticed that when you don't eat anything with added sugar, things that are naturally sweet really do stand out.  My nectarine yesterday may as well have been a bag of gummy bears, which is actually kind of cool.  I've never been someone who craved sweets, salty, fried foods have always been my weak spot, but when you cut out all of the sugar in your diet, it certainly becomes more noticeable.

I am also completely obsessed with kombucha.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, it's a fermented tea beverage that takes on a tangy, apple-cider-vinegary quality.  The Synergy brand varieties are all only sweetened with 100% fruit juice and they're absolutely delicious, pending you're okay with a beverage that's a bit on the tart side.  They also have incredible probiotic qualities that help with digestion and detoxification and at 30 calories per serving, you're not breaking the caloric bank.  I'm thinking one of my next projects is learning how to make my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment