Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Feeling Like Me Again - Day 23

So I no longer feel like I've been beaten with a large stick, which I'm considering to be a step in the right direction.  I took Monday off from CrossFit and cardio workouts and focused solely on mobility work and foam rolling.  Today, we had a snatch technique workshop that while tiring, was more rooted in movement and form that really gave me another day to regroup and recover.  While I'm not going to take a full week off (that's just craziness), I'm committing to myself to take it easier and focus on not overtraining so that I can be back at my peak.

Today was one of the easier days when it came to eating.  No weird, overwhelming cravings or desire to eat everything in sight.  I had a bit more sugar that I have been eating (in the form of grapes and a banana) and had a slight headache in the afternoon - not sure if they're related but it's something I want to keep an eye on.  I think the sugar reduction has been the most beneficial component for me on the Whole 30.  Being someone who's always been prone to migraines and has struggled with weight, it's something I've known I had to cut back on for sometime but just haven't made the active commitment to doing so.

I've been really starting to think about how I want the Whole 30 to carry over past day 30 into my everyday choices.  While I know I won't look at the stringent rules as something I need to follow day in and day out, I do want to try and maintain the general principals when making choices in the future.  Maybe we cut our weekly pizza to once a month and I think about ordering sashimi instead of maki rolls when we go out for Japanese food... little things.  When it comes to packing my lunches for work, I have no desire to go back to Special K bars and want to generally try and keep the Whole 30 principals in mind.  We'll see how it goes, but I think the first step is to go in with good intentions and a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment