Thursday, October 3, 2013

So Where's This "Hangover"? - Day 3

Everything I've read about the Whole 30, the breakdown on the Whole 9 Life website, countless blogs of other people accounts and the It Stats with Food book, all pointed to the first few days of the program being a hellacious bout of flu-like symptoms wherein you wake up feeling like you've downed a fifth of tequila in your sleep.  Currently, I'm considering myself quite lucky because well, I feel great.  

I have never been a great sleeper.  I'm someone who wakes up on average, 3 to 4 times per night.  Last night, was one of the first complete nights of sleep I've had in months.  While it still took me a while to drift off initially (completely common for me - I consider the insomnia a residual effect of working restaurant swing shifts for most of my adult life), once I was out, I was down for the count.  You know when you have that night of sleep where you wake up in the same exact position you fell asleep in?  No tossing, turning and thrashing blankets around... last night was one of those nights.

While I'm sure that I'm going to encounter my own challenges on this program, I'm pretty happy that I'm not feeling the "hangover" stage so many people have talked about.  So far, all is well in Whole 30 land and I'm moving ahead strong and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment