Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Tiny Cheat - Day 6

So when you read the Whole 30, one thing they preach is that you're not supposed to step on a scale at all during the program.  The program is about fostering a healthier mentality, not weight loss.  While it's a natural byproduct of cutting out sugars and grains, dropping pounds isn't what you're supposed to focus on.

Up until today, I've done a good job walking past the scale every morning without even thinking about stepping on it.  This morning however curiosity got the best of me unfortunately.  I did however get to have a small, personal celebration because I busted through that weight loss plateau I've been sitting on for over six months.  Down almost 4 pounds in 6 days, yay for progress!

For lunch, I met up with my friend Jill and her fabulous daughters, Evelyn and Audrey, presenting the temptation of restaurant dining.  Once again, I can tell you how much I appreciate having supportive friends around me.  We opted for lunch at Legal Seafood - oysters, grilled mahi mahi with lemon chive butter, bacon braised brussels sprouts and seaweed salad.  It was delicious, decadent and completely within the guidelines of what I'm supposed to be eating.

Lunch was also followed by a trip to Whole Foods... otherwise known as my happy place.  All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment