Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Half Way Mark - Day 15

So I've officially survived half of the Whole 30 program without cheating.  Wahoo!  I will say I'm pretty proud of myself.  While I'm not planning on extending it to a Whole 60, I do still have every intention of maintaining this way of eating after the program.  One of my initial goals was to "reset" my approach to food going into the holiday season and be able to feel good about making better choices and I think that's definitely in the cards.

I'm not saying I'll never eat a cupcake again, but I will think about how that cupcake is going to make me feel after eating it - not just the instant gratification of shoving it in my face.  I am curious how it's going to feel to integrate things like gluten and dairy back into my diet in 15 days, but for the time being, it's a moot point.

Short version of the story, I still feel like I'm going strong and can easily finish out the next two weeks without issue.  I spent a good part of my day at home yesterday meal prepping for the week and when we have a refrigerator full of delicious proteins, fruits and vegetables, it really does make this so much simpler to stick to.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the overwhelming words of encouragement and support over the past two weeks.  It's really been appreciated knowing that I've got people standing behind me in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment