Saturday, October 5, 2013

Social Challenges - Day 5

So, today was my first work from home day since beginning the Whole 30.  On the surface, that may not seem like much, but when I go into the office, I pack a cooler with all my meals preplanned and portioned out.  Working from home allows me full access to my kitchen, riddling the day with decision making and necessary will power.  Prior to eating breakfast, I set up a meal plan for myself for the day and outlined when and what I was going to eat.  While I'm always open to adjusting to satisfy actual hunger (trying to separate ACTUAL hunger from cravings is still something I'm working on), having a plan made it a little less stressful.

This evening was our monthly girls night at the gym - a post workout gathering of board games, pizza, potato chips and beer.  Despite being on the Whole 30, I still like being social and approached the evening with a plan.  I brought with me, a well packed bento box of spinach salad with rotisserie chicken and strawberry infused balsamic dressing, a hard boiled egg, broccoli & sunflower seed salad and fresh raspberries dusted with 100% raw cacao powder coupled with a cherry chia seed kombucha.  Brining a substantial meal made of components I could be excited about helped me resist the temptation of pizza, which may be my primary achilles heel.  I'll be the first person to admit that being around people eating things you're avoiding is a challenge, but it's not insurmountable.  I will throw out there that it does help being surrounded by a group of really supportive people who understand your goals and I'm really grateful to have a group of friends that not only don't push me to cheat on the program but help keep me in check even if I wanted to.  Keep focused and remind yourself of why you made the commitment in the first place and keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment